Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our Little Honeydew


35 weeks. 35 WEEKS! And 35 days to go. THIRTY. FIVE. A little honeydew melon weighing in at 5 1/4 lbs and around 18 in. Apparently most of the physical development is complete (except for the brain! As Fiji likes to remind me--over and over and over again--and therefore convince me to eat more fish) and the bean is just getting more and more chubbs mcgee.

And then there's me. Me? I am tired. I get up around the same time as normal but my eyes? They don't want to be open. They're sleepy and squinty and heavy and beg me all day to allow them to close. I just want to crash into bed as soon as the sun sets. I've also been experiencing some new preg symptoms called SHARP PAINS in my abdomen. Apparently it's normal and nothing to be concerned about--it's just some ligaments STRETCHING. Also, there's nothing you can do about it. Which is nice.

We met with the midwife last night and the bestest came with! She was "slack-jawed" the entire time (her words not mine). She got to hear the heartbeat (130s--lowest yet!) and feel the head (still down) and witness me almost passing out after laying on my back for too long while the uterus was being measured (right on track at 35cm). I tried to describe what that feels like and the best I could come up with was, "well, it feels like my insides are being squished and it's kinda hard to breathe." Which is exactly what is actually happening. Genius!

This weekend is the bean's shower and I'm SO excited about it! The main struggle has been figuring out what to wear but after trying on several different outfits, the decision was basically made for me seeing that one thing actually fit right. So that happened. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment