Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Weekend Away


Last weekend was a momentous occasion (why can I never correctly spell occasion on the first try?) for me. It was the first time I was away from the baby over night. And it turned into TWO whole nights away. It was marvelous but I missed her sweet face every minute. Or almost every minute (ahem).

We dropped her off with my parents with her schedule (they asked!) and a list of some "helpful hints." Oh, and a shitload of milk. And a bunch of other stuff. Those babies sure don't pack light. (Oh, and she slept through the entire night both nights like the good grandbaby she is!)

We stayed at the B&B where we stayed the weekend of our wedding. Back then we had filled it to the brim with our favorite peeps and partied our asses off. While we had the same room, it was quite different this time around.


The skies were sunny and the air crisp--just like our wedding day. We drank cocktails saddled up at the bar and stayed up past our bedtime. We took pictures of the sunrise and then lazed around all morning, drinking coffee in bed. We ate lunch at the bar, drank bloodies, and watched football. (And Michigan won, finally!) We walked the streets and dipped into cute shops and galleries. We made a list of our goals on a cocktail napkin. We had dinner at Everyday People where our rehearsal dinner was held. Just the two of us.



To be honest, we talked about our little miss a lot. But we also talked about other stuff. Important stuff. Where's-our-life-headed type of stuff. And it felt great. And strange. And wonderful. And we reminisced. And we made plans for our future on a cocktail napkin.



We walked to brunch early the next morning, but all I really wanted to do was to go snuggle our girl. She is the biggest part of my life right now. And that's okay. And that's grand. And I love my little family more than I ever imagined.



p.s. A HUGE thank you to my wonderfully supportive and generous parents who watched Amelia for us. You're the coolest. ily


p.p.s. When we met them at our favorite coffee shop to drop off the carrier and some more milk, little miss thing acted as if she didn't even know me! I was surprisingly sad about it. But it showed me just how much she loves and trusts Bebe & Pop, so I really can't be too upset about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment