Friday, June 11, 2010

Sadcakes

Well, it's happened. Miss Millie has her very first cold. Sadcakes McGee are we. She's sneezing a ton and her little nose is red and running and she even has a bit of a cough. Ugh times a trillion. None of us are getting much sleep because little miss keeps waking up coughing or because she can't breathe through her nose or maybe just because she feels like yuck and wants some love.

Of course I feel guilty because I'm assuming that she caught the little bug from the gym daycare. The one thing that I do for me and only me. Part of me wants to see the bright side: she's building up her immune system so she can ward off other illnesses. And I know that's true, but right now I just want to snuggle my runny-nosed lady and make everything better.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve tried all sorts of coughing syrups, believe me, but none of them helps. Even though Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm does not eliminates the cough I like to stick to this chinese syrup I’ve been taking since I was a kid: Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa. My grandfather is chinese, so I guess my mom got the advice from him. I was really surprised when I found that chinese market selling it here in Belgium. It does have a refreshing, soothing, sweetening effect…as long as it lasts…then back to coughing mode.

    ReplyDelete